Monday, October 17, 2011

Photoshop

I have been made to appear as a very small person, looking at what I'm looking at as if there's nothing else to look at; that is, I am made to look to be in a world in which I'm not, a place I don't mind being, as it turns out, with a nice garden, a
few buildings with classic pretensions (presumably filled with the books I'd always meant to read).
Looking at a thing this way transforms it, so that the object is able to live a full, happy life; and the observer, in this case
me, who has been put into the scene so that an object appears to be being observed, is not really there.

I am imperishable, walking through a well ordered campus of intelligence and beauty in the age of Photoshop, neither having to be where I am or do the looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment